Originally a Stage Coach Stop inn, the Historic Scott House has been renovated to a place where new memories are made and special events enjoyed.
The Historic Scott House hosts a variety of public events, such as Pub Night, Music in the Field, Valentine's Tea, Haunted History, and more!
The Historic Scott House is available for private events and is the perfect setting for birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, weddings, business retreats - whatever the occasion!
Our popular annual event - join us for Pub Night!
$40 per person and reservations and payment
are required in advance - call 218-390-0809.
The history of the Scott House is really a history of this area of northern Minnesota. In 1850, a certain bill became law in the United States Congress. This bill allocated funds for the construction of a "Military road" in the Minnesota Territory, extending from Point Douglas (where the St. Croix River met the Mississippi) to Lake Superior. By 1855, the road was crossing Carlton County in a diagonal line, and eventually passed between two lakes - Lac La Belle and Lac du Chane.
These two lakes became known as "Twin Lakes", and this location became the site of a building which was an inn for stage coach travelers and also a trading post and general store. That building, constructed in 1869, would eventually become the Historic Scott House of today.
The property passed through many hands , but from 1910 - 1937 was owned by the Walter and Minnie Scott family, who resided there and farmed the land. The area where the house is located is still known to locals as "Scott's Corner". In 1942 the property was purchased by Harry Sheetz and in 1949 it was purchased by son Donald Sheetz and his wife Doris. They raised a family of four in the home, and in the spring of 2000 their son James Sheetz became the owner and began renovating the home as an event center and an iconic piece of history.
218-384-9005 - house
218-390-0809 - cell
By appointment only
The Historic Scott House is located south of Carlton, Minnesota at 1321 County Road 4.
Owned by proprietor
James D. Sheetz
"LIKE" us on Facebook!